Monday, May 20, 2019

Slow Recovery

So, I underestimated the plague the boy brought into the house. He was down for the rest of the week. I was down for a few days as well. Thought he might make it back on Friday, even wrote him a joke and packed a lunch, but he didn't make it.

Here's the joke he got to read when he ate his lunch at home.


For his return last Monday, I decided to make light of the sickness, and sent him a joke about being sick.


One more sick joke for Tuesday.


We're doing ABC's of school spirit, so I switched gears on Wednesday from jokes about being sick to jokes that match the spirit theme of the day. Wednesday was exercise day, so I sent a joke about sports.


Thursday was fruit day, so I sent a couple of sweet little pears.


Friday was game day. The kiddos brought board games to school to play with their friends. I sent a game joke with the boy that featured a cute little bat.


Today is hat day, so I drew this friendly cowboy. However, the boy's terrible cough persists, so he's staying home again. I had already packed his lunch before he woke up and I heard how bad the cough was. The high pollen count is doing a number on this kiddos allergies and triggering his asthma something fierce.


Fingers crossed that a day of rest helps get his cough under control.


1 comment:

  1. I love them all. So happy everyone is feeling better ❤!!

    ReplyDelete