Thursday, September 1, 2016

Busy bees

Our new house is about half a mile from the boy's new school, so we've been walking to school every day. He was looking forward to it until it actually came time to walk. On the day of open house, he told me he actually wanted to ride the bus to school. Unbeknownst to him, in our district, if you live a mile or less from the school, riding the bus is not an option. They only run buses for students that live 1.1 miles or further. I think it crushed him a little to know that he had to walk.

I wasn't ready to load him onto a bus and watch him pull away form me. I love the time we get to spend together on the walk. He tells me all about his school day on the way home. It's lovely.

Anyway, today's doodle involves the bus transportation that my poor boy was denied.


Wow. Sorry it's so dark. It's a bit of a gloomy day here, so I guess the lighting in the kitchen this morning was a bit dim. Happy Thursday everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment