Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Winter Break

I've been doodling a lot of winter jokes lately. It makes since, given that it's winter and everything, but I thought it would be nice to give winter a break. Plus, I've drawn entirely too many snowmen already this winter. Next week, I'll bombard you with Valentine's Day jokes. I might even sneak a few of those in this week. I haven't decided yet. The boy loves Valentine's Day.

Two years ago, I started a tradition to make V-Day more fun for him. I bought a little mailbox. If the flag is up, there's something inside. I try to put at least one thing in there every day from February 1st to V-Day. Sometimes it's something small, just a note or a piece of candy. Other times, it's a new toy.

This year, the boy made me my own mailbox. So, now I get a daily note or small trinket from him. It's been fun seeing what he puts in there. My favorite so far has been a giant blue plastic egg with a smaller egg inside it, which had a smaller egg inside it that was filled with playdoh. Buried in the playdoh was a note that said I love you. It was so creative!

Given his excitement about the upcoming holiday, I might doodle a few extra V-Day jokes. But today's isn't about V-Day at all.


So, my chocolate looks more like a Lego than something edible. I should have drawn a Hershey's kiss or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment