Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Feed your curiosity

A few weeks ago, the boy read an entire book to me for the first time. It was an amazing moment for me. The book nerd in me has always loved that he enjoys being read to, and now, I'm hoping he will enjoy reading to himself just as much. The first book he read was The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats. A few days later, he read a Curious George book to me. I had to help him with the big words, but he read the majority of it on his own.

I guess I should have drawn Peter since The Snowy Day was the first book he read, but George was one of the first characters he recognized from stories. I think the cartoon series helped with that immensely, but we read a lot of George books.


My little one loves experiments and figuring out how things work. I think George might be his spirit animal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment