Tuesday, October 6, 2015

I'm Gonna Wreck It!

We got off to a bit of a rocky start this morning. In the middle of sketching today's doodle, the fire alarm in our building went off. I scurried around the apartment gathering pants for the boy, jackets for both of us, and shoes. Then we headed to the parking garage to wait.

Our apartment complex is above retail shops. There are many new businesses, which means, many fire inspections and alarm tests. They give us advanced notice for those. However, with all of the new construction, the alarms are set off frequently due to sprinkler heads being knocked off, too much dust from sawing or drilling, or any other number of things that trigger our apparently sensitive fire alarm system. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to know that should there be a real fire, the alarms will go off with no problem. I just wish there weren't so many false alarms.

Needless to say, we were a bit pressed for time once the alarms finally stopped blaring and we came back inside. I hastily finished the doodle, and packed a lunch that was almost entirely out of the pantry. I usually like to have more fresh foods in there, but there wasn't time for that today.

We made it to school on time, but just barely, and I did manage to send a doodle in with the boy.

I hope tomorrow morning is less harried. At least there wasn't a fire, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment