Monday, February 1, 2016

HedgeHugs

Happy first day of February! As DC Metro winter weather usually does, we've gone from blizzard to sixty degree weather in the span of a week. On the plus side, the roads are almost back to normal as the sun works its magic on the large piles of snow on every corner. On the negative side, I'm sure some kind of respiratory calamity will be brought upon by the erratic temps.  Hopefully, it will skip over the boy since he's already missed more days of school than he's attended since Winter Break.

Valentine's Day is two weeks away, which means I've been preparing for our Valentine's Day tradition. The boy gets a special mailbox. Each morning of the week leading up to Valentine's Day, he'll find a treat inside the mailbox. They aren't usually of the sweet variety. This year, they are all Star Wars themed. I think he's going to love it.

Since I've been gearing up for this week of prizes, Valentine's Day has been on my mind. I'm pretty sure it's what drew me to this little guy, inspired by a picture I saw on Google this morning.


The only thing that could possibly make hedgehogs cuter are hedgehugs. Also, a little tophat and monocle, but hugs work too!

No comments:

Post a Comment