Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Coming back after a long weekend

The family and I took a quick trip down to Corolla, NC, so the boy missed the first two days of school this week. That's right, I haven't fallen off of this daily-blog wagon yet.

We got in super late last night (early this morning, honestly). The boy slept the entire way home, so he wasn't suffering this morning like his Papa and I were. Even a few days away can disrupt the rhythm of the morning routine. It was a bit of a scramble today, but everyone made it where they needed to be on time.

Due to my harried lunch prep, I didn't have as much doodle time as I normally do. I fell back on something I used to doodle in the margins of notebooks while I was in high school.


I used to sing that song to him all of the time when he was smaller. He makes requests now at bedtime, and, alas! This song never makes the cut. It's all Row, Row, Row Your Boat and the ABC's these days. I still manage to sneak this one in every once in a while though.

Do you have a favorite song to sing with your little one?

No comments:

Post a Comment