Wednesday, September 16, 2015

One of those moms

My son started all-day preschool this year. For the first time, I'm packing lunches. The first day of school rolled around, and I found myself remembering the lunches my mother packed for me. She had these little notecards with Suzy's Zoo characters on them, and she would always toss one in my lunch bag. It was a sweet reminder of home in the middle of a crazy school day. I decided I wanted to share those warm fuzzies with my son.

That leads us back to his first day of school. I, of course, haven't planned ahead, and have no cutesie notecards to tuck into his lunch. So, I improvised. I grabbed a Micron pen and a paper towel, and I doodled my own love note.

This first blog post has all of the doodles from day one until now. My goal is to post a new doodle each day. I'm realizing as I type this, that it makes more sense to start this on a Monday, but you'll learn quickly that sense and I aren't close bedfellows.

Do any of you have lunchbox rituals for your children? Are there any fellow doodlers out there? I'd love to see pics if you've got them!



Day 1: A little Minion love.


Day 2: Ninjago


Day 3: Peashooter from Plants vs. Zombies


Day 4: Mario


Day 5: The puns begin with an adorable robot


Day 6: Bat pun


Day 7: Bunny love


Day 8: Moonbear


Day 9: Another nut pun, this one with a squirrel companion


And that brings us up to date! Hope to post a new doodle tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment