Friday, September 18, 2015

The cyclical nature of pop culture

We all know that fashion trends are cyclical. As I get older, I'm noticing that pop culture runs in a big circle as well. All of the cartoons and characters that were popular when I was a child are being revived, and this generation of children loves them just as much. My inner child thinks this is wonderful. The adult part of me doesn't like it as much. The characters are different from the ones I remember, sometimes not for the better. Like the modernized Strawberry Shortcake. Not very enthusiastic about the changes they made there.

The Peanuts movies are some of my favorite holiday films to watch. I love the characters, Snoopy in particular. They're releasing a new Peanuts movie this Fall. I want to be excited about it, but I can't. I'm so worried they're going to ruin the characters I love so much. I don't want to replace my fond memories with lukewarm ones.

This rant is brought to you courtesy of today's lunch doodle, and the timelessness that is Snoopy's charm.


Here's a big Friday hug from a very happy Snoopy. I hope your weekend is filled with so much happiness that you feel like dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment